What exactly is a weekend warrior?
And why should you join me on this awesome journey?
Fun + fitness + adventure = weekend warrior.
That’s all there is too it!
For some people working out is boring drudgery that they do because they feel they have to. For other’s it’s more like a job they have to do but don’t like doing. And for some people, working out is something they avoid like the plague.
People who don’t like working out = NOT a weekend warrior.
I’m not here to convince you to work out. That’s a decision you need to make for yourself. If you’d rather sit home and watch TV, fine. But if you love pushing yourself physically, or if you’re looking for something “more” from your fitness routine, welcome to WeekendWarriorZone.com!
- You don’t need to own any fancy fitness equipment or gadgets.
- You don’t need a gym membership.
- You don’t need to have a certain body type.
- And you definitely DON’T need to workout like Arnold Schwarzenegger (if you don’t know who he is, here is Arnold at his peak – before he got into politics!)
Being a weekend warrior is more about your spirit than it is about anything else. If you’ve got that kind of spirit (or if you’re looking for a way to find it), I’m happy you found your way here!
How does a weekend warrior make fitness fun?
You don’t need to party like Richard Simmons to make your workouts fun (for those of you who don’t know Richard Simmons click here).
But Richard made a career out of “party fitness” precisely because a lot of people liked it. The really great thing about being a weekend warrior is that you seek out ways to make fitness fun for you.
What are some examples of “fun” fitness?
For some people it means working out in your basement
… for others it means going to the gym
… or running local 5k races
… going with friends to a mud run or obstacle run
… doing pullups at the playground
… trail running
… participating in an online 30 day challenge
… get the idea?
If it involves moving, and feels good, then it qualifies as a “weekend warrior” workout!
Are there any special rules for being a weekend warrior?
Not really. As long as you actually move your butt! Sitting on the couch and watching infomercials selling miracle workout programs (most of them are great, but none of them work if you don’t use them) or the fitness channel on QVC doesn’t count. YOU actually have to take ACTION.
Here are some more guidelines for bringing out your “weekend warrior spirit”:
- You DON’T need to spend a lot of money on the latest technology …
- You DON’T need to hire your own personal trainer …
- You DON’T need a bunch of “stuff” to get started on your fitness journey!
- And you DON’T need to dress like Richard Simmons (although there’s certainly nothing wrong if you want to)!
- But WHATEVER it takes to put a smile on your face is a good workout strategy!
And qualifies you for membership!
Here are some fun exercises I use. I’ve put together a list of 30 really creative bodyweight exercises I’ve found over the years (and none involve dancing or crazy outfits, a la Richard Simmons!) that will take you out of your fitness comfort zone. But don’t worry, you don’t need to be super-athletic to do them. And they are adaptable to ALL ability levels — from beginner to advanced.
You can sign up below, and you’ll get the report sent to your email right away.
You can do them all, or just pick and choose the ones you like best.
But I promise they are NOT BORING because they’re not just your regular old pushups & pullups (in fact, I’ll bet you’ve never seen most of these exercise before). Before long you’ll be feeling that “weekend warrior” spirit!
On your mark, get set, go!
- A fun new way to get into GREAT shape
- NO equipment & NO gym required
- 30 fun & different exercises -- any time & any place!
- A fun new way to get into
- NO equipment & NO gym needed
- 30 fun & different exercises to do any time & any place!